Embark on an exhilarating learning journey to advance your data analytics skills. Equip yourself with the tools to craft captivating narratives from raw data; and unlock the power to inspire change and make informed decisions through compelling data storytelling.
Digital Futures: Data Analytics – Advanced and Applied
FREE OF CHARGE
for eligible students from ATN member universities.
for those in the second half of their PhD studies.
All levels of knowledge and experience in this area
We live in a data-driven world. Learn how to use data to tell a meaningful story that informs, or make better decisions.
Data analytics and communication capabilities are important across sectors – from STEM research, government policy, retail, universities, to sporting clubs and more – intelligent analysis of data is a core component of making better and more informed decisions.
Building on the foundation of Level 1, this module focuses on approaches essential for wrangling and analysing numeric and textual data contained in databases – as well as concepts and techniques for visualising and communicating data.
You will learn through a dynamic blend of engaging webinars, self-study materials, practice tasks, and collaborative teamwork.
- Learn to use Structural Query Language (SQL) to extract, organise and summarise data; also learn the basics of regular expression (regex) to extract and filter relevant textual data.
- Experiment with the role of AI in assisting you; also understand the promises and perils of the current state of this evolution.
- Combine these individually powerful tools with principles of data visualisation and storytelling to transform information into inspiration.
Upon completing this module you will be able to:
- Extract information from text such as spreadsheets, documents, web pages or log files (Regex)
- Query information from relational databases to find, link, filter, and sort data (SQL)
- Visualise information into a meaningful summary and story that is fit for purpose
- Tell a story that is purposeful using all the above