ATN ONLINE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SUMMIT09 September 2020
Registrations now open for ATN Universities International Education Summit – 21-23 September Australia’s most innovative and enterprising university grouping, ATN Universities, […]
Registrations now open for ATN Universities International Education Summit – 21-23 September
Australia’s most innovative and enterprising university grouping, ATN Universities, in partnership with Deakin University and the University of Newcastle, are hosting a national summit focused on ensuring a strong future for Australia’s international education sector.
Registrations are now open for the summit which will be broadcast online between 12pm and 2pm (AEST) across three days, Monday 21 – Wednesday 23 September.
International education is one of the biggest job creators in Australia and plays a significant role in strengthening our standing in the region and across the world.
The summit program includes voices from students, educators, government, tourism and hospitality sectors, as well as representatives from Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and regional businesses.
The summit will be hosted by journalist Geraldine Doogue AO who will lead conversations with our panelists focusing on the importance of this sector to our economy and national strategic interests, as well as mapping out a pathway for the sector’s long-term future.
As international students are important members of the Australian community, we will also hear from students and discuss issues important to their student experience.
ATN Universities are pleased to have support of federal and state governments, the National COVID-19 Coordination Commission and Austrade for this important summit.
ATN Executive Director Luke Sheehy said the summit would be an opportunity to hear from a wide range of allies who support a strong and vibrant international education sector in Australia.
“International education is one of the most successful industries in Australia and will play a critical role in our economic recovery.
“It is one of the biggest job creators in Australia and plays an important role in our soft diplomacy across the region and the world.“ATN’s international education summit will play an important role in building multisector support for the sector in Australia over the long term”, Mr Sheehy said.
- Ms Belle Lim – President of the Council of International Students Australia (CISA)
- Ms Varsha Dev Balakrishnan – Outgoing National Secretary CISA
- The Hon Ted Baillieu AO – Former Premier of Victoria
- The Hon Alexander Downer AC – Former Foreign Minister
- Senator the Hon Penny Wong – Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Mr David Thodey AO – Deputy Chair of the COVID-19 Coordination Commission
- Ms Catriona Jackson – Chief Executive Universities Australia
- Ms Megan Lilly – Australian Industry Group
- Mr Craig Robertson – Chief Executive TAFE Directors Australia
- Business owners from Geelong and Newcastle