The Future of Project Management
The days of working for one or two organisations over an entire career are a thing of the past – the future of industries is project based. In this module you’ll learn the fundamentals of successful project management.
The Future of Project Management: How to Effectively Manage a Research Project
FREE OF CHARGE
for eligible students from ATN member universities.
for those in the second half of their PhD studies.
all levels of knowledge and experience in this area
Rapid improvements in technology and the evolution of industries have meant people are being hired for project-related roles more often than operational ones.
In this module you’ll learn the fundamentals of project management. You’ll also explore the signature behaviours, skills and competencies that are required to deliver projects in the future.
This module will cover:
- Projects and their role in delivering change
- Predictive, Agile and Hybrid project management approaches
- Leadership and establishing a vision for a project
- Governance and decision making
- Tools and techniques that are critical for project success
- Project success, critical success factors and key performance indicators
Upon completing this module you will be able to:
- Diagnose projects based on their characteristics and determine whether a project should take a predictive (waterfall), adaptive (AGILE) or hybrid project management approach
- Tailor the project approach and utilise techniques and tools that positively affect stakeholder engagement
- Determine the best-fit digital tools to help you manage your project
- Understand the role project governance plays in keeping projects on track and how good governance enhances the likelihood of delivering a successful project
- Identify what project success is and understand what critical success factors need to be in place for your project to be successful