The Future of Communication
Learn to communicate your research to stakeholders – including peers, publishers, funders, and the general public. In this module you’ll learn about creative and innovative approaches to scholarly communication that can be tailored to your individual goals, regardless of what discipline you’re in.
The Future of Communication: Creative Strategies for Research Impact
FREE OF CHARGE
for eligible students from ATN member universities.
for those in the second half of their PhD studies.
all Higher Degree by Research students of all disciplines.
Highly participatory, this module encourages the use of creative practices, collaboration and new ways of scholarly communication to create research impact beyond traditional outlets.
Communicating research effectively requires a structured approach. You will learn to design, redesign and reimagine your own research through experimenting with formats or genres aligned with your research context and priorities.
There are 4 sessions in this module, each includes: pre-session preparation, a live online workshop, a post-workshop unit and additional optional resources.
- Session 1: Mapping your research trajectory, your strengths and your own positionality with regards to your research.
- Session 2: Making a compelling case for the significance of your research; and how to communicate your research back to participants/stakeholders.
- Session 3: Communicating your research by integrating creative strategies.
- Session 4: Communicating how your research impacts your discipline, professional practice and society at large; and also yourself as the researcher.
Upon completing this module you will be able to:
- Use creative, collaborative and effective ways to disseminate and communicate your research for wider impact